How I use AI Images... As a Graphic Designer

Image by Freepik

As a graphic designer, I frequently needing some great images for my designs. Usually, I will go to some stock photo websites for it. But many times, I was left disappointed. The models was not perfect for my needs, or the angle was not the right one, or the pose is lot to adjust. There always some extra refinement to get the right stock image. Not only that, some images are not for commercial use but instead limited to only for editorial use. Searching for a proper stock image would easily waste a lot of time. Ideally, we should take a photography session for such needs in a project. But in reality, budgets and timeline do not meet. 

And then here comes the AI. 

Digital artist definitely hated them. Me, even though a hobbyist digital artist as well, does not thoroughly hate them. Just as the risk of the any advancement in technology, we have to be prepared. We have to be able to adapt, we need to learn or get crushed.

Unlike NFT, which is definitely stupid, AI hype is highly beneficial in many aspects, and I do not see a slowdown. Therefore, there is no need to be so resistant. Learn them, and see if we can extract the benefits. 

I have been using AI to supplement my work. I completely understand the resistant from my fellow digital artist community standpoint. But I have been using them for my better workflow and speed. 

I am no longer wasted hours searching a great stock image in several websites. I can quickly generate a cool mockup. I can quickly generate a nice additional background for my main artwork. The great thing with AI generated images is that the technical quality is impressive. I can have a detailed artwork with an eye-catching tone in an instant. Sure there is some quirky result in terms of anatomical aspect like weird alien looking fingers or even some weird extra body proportion. But I believe such thing will be improved over time. 

Game on by Herry Sucahya

However, I still have my own artistic ego to fulfil. I still create my own digital art from scratch, without significant help from AI. I simply does not feel satisfied if I let AI takes over too much on my personal artwork. Imagine you claim yourself a singer, but other person singing the songs in your album.

Afterall, I do not see AI will disappear anytime soon. Even I think otherwise. AI will get more advanced and get more adapted into our life. Whining on it will never slows it down. Instead learn them, and see how it benefits us.     



Post a Comment

0 Comments